How to delete Paytm account is one of the most dwelled upon topics trending in the country. Paytm is an Indian company that largely promotes going cashless. In today’s time going cashless is particularly promoted by the Government of India.
After the introduction of demonetization, The era of going cashless came into existence where people did not prefer to carry cash when they can do all the payments through the phone and within seconds.
With the use of Paytm as a medium od Digital Transaction that saves time by transferring the cash to the other end within seconds. Especially during this time of pandemic when human interaction is restricted, people tend to plump for easier contactless methods of transferring or receiving money.
Paytm is a safe payment network that allows you to send or receive money sitting anywhere in the world. Though the Paytm app is splendid and first-rate many of us want to delete our Paytm account for any fair reasons like, maybe their phone is replaced or missing or maybe they do not use Paytm any more.
Quite evidently the procedure of deleting the Paytm account is slightly elaborated, Here are simple ways through which you can delete your Paytm account, and the query related to deleting the Paytm account is solved.
There are several ways through which you can delete your Paytm account. The first step is to decide whether you want to Delete your Paytm account permanently or temporarily.
HOW TO DELETE PAYTM ACCOUNT? – Given below are the steps through which you can delete your Paytm account temporarily.
If in case your phone nowhere to be found, you might end up deciding to delete the Paytm account temporarily. Here are some steps you should follow to delete the Paytm account temporarily.
1. You have go back to previous menu.
2. The next step is to click on ‘’ I am unable to access my Account’’. You will get several options when you click on that.
3. Once you are displayed with all the options go to ‘’ I need to block my Account’’ and submit it.
4. Set forth the proof of your ownership.
5. A confirmation text will be sent to you after you account is blocked .
6. After you receive a confirmation request your Account is temporarily disabled.
HOW TO DELETE PAYTM ACCOUNT? – How to reopen the Paytm account that was temporarily deleted?
- When you will open your Paytm app you will notice that the app will display that your account is blocked.
2. You will have to click on ‘’ Having for logging issue or trouble logging in’’.
3. Once you have clicked on Having longing issue or trouble logging in, you will notice a set option like Forgot your password ?, lost your device ?, Update your mobile number? Unlock your account?, Facing some other issues?
4. Select the option of ‘’unlock your Account’’.
5. As soon as you click on ‘’ unlock your account ‘’, 24*7 help box will open .
6. On the 24*7 menu you will find a ‘ message us Box’.
7. Once the message box is opened you have the option to describe your problem and an option to upload a picture or a pdf file.
8. Then you will have mention the number of your Paytm account that has been blocked.
9. Click on send.
HOW TO DELETE PAYTM ACCOUNT? – How to delete Paytm account permanently.
The process of deleting the Paytm account is complex, elaborated, and lengthy. It might take up to 15 days for your account to be deleted. The steps that are required to delete your Paytm account are given below.
- Open your Paytm account application.
- Open the menu [ Three horizontal lines on the top left corner ]
- After opening the menu bar, scroll below to find the ‘24*7’ help option.
- Click on 24*7 help option
- The 24*7 help option will navigate you to the help box menu.
- The Help box contains a category option, click on that.
- Scroll down on the category menu to find the ‘’Profile setting’’ option.
- After you click on the Profile setting option, you will find several options like, I want to update profile details, I lost my phone, I want to block my account, I want to change/reset my password, I am unable to link Paytm for payment with another app, I want to close/ delete my account, I want to update my phone number, I want to transfer KYC from old number to new number.
- Ignore all the other options and click on ‘ I want to close/delete my account ‘.
- Once you click on the option, you will be directed to a page where you will find all the further details that have to be followed to delete the account and also Eligibility criteria.
- The Eligibility criteria are given below –
- Your Paytm Balance should be 0 .
- Paytm wallet balance should also be 0 .
- Payment Bank savings and FD account balance should also be 0.
- Paytm gold balance should be 0.
- Paytm postpaid dues should be 0.
- Paytm game balance should be 0.
12. Scroll down to find ‘ Message us ‘ box
13. Click on the message us box .
14. Once the message us box is opened, You have to mention your Paytm Account phone number that you want to close.
15. Upload a photocopy of KYC .
16. Upload a copy of your Aadhar card or pan card .
17. You will get an option to enter the bank account number where you can transfer all your remaining Paytm balance.
18. If you already have 0 balance you can skip this option .
19. You have an option to describe your problem ,
20. Click on submit details .
21. As soon as you click on submit details the request to delete the Paytm account sent to the Paytm team.
22. After you submit the details the Paytm will call you to know the reason for deleting the Paytm account.
23. You have to mention the genuine reason for deleting your account.
24. You will receive a message on the registered phone number within 14 days.
25. The message will contain a link .
26. As soon as you click on link your Paytm account will be deleted.
Note – When the Paytm Customer support member calls you to know the reason for deleting the account do not mention a false reason, always tell them the genuine reason to delete the Paytm account.
How to delete Paytm account?– Send them a mail.
Another way to delete Paytm account is through composing a mail to them at [email protected] It is advised to attach all your required details on the mail that you are sending to the Paytm team.
The steps are given below;
- Compose a mail to Paytm team at [email protected] mentioning why you want to delete your account
- Attach all the required details like a photocopy of your Aadhar card or pan card. Details of KYC. The phone number of the Paytm bank account.
- Wait for them to revert back.
HOW TO DELETE PAYTM ACCOUNT? – Advantages of deleting Paytm account –
There are several advantages of deleting Paytm account, Some of them are given below
- If your phone is missing – If in case your phone goes missing or is misplaced, the way out to save all your details is by deleting your Paytm account ASAP. This will save you from getting your account misused.
- Maybe your don’t use/ need it anymore – There are bulks of apps that provide the same facility so you may desire to cling with those app and delete Paytm account.
- If your phone is hacked – If your phone is hacked, there is a high chance of your personal details and bank details getting leaked. To save yourself from these repercussions, Deleting Paytm’s account comes out as the best solution.
- If your internet service is slow – If you have severe network and connectivity issues, Paytm is not ideal for you as it requires a good internet connection for the process of payment.
HOW TO DELETE PAYTM ACCOUNT? – Disadvantages of deleting Paytm account –
- Paytm is one of the safest apps – The details that you put in is safe and secured. There is minimal chance of trickery and fraud.
- Cashback offers that you will miss – Paytm has amazing cashback offers that pop up almost every day that provides you with significant offers and deals.
- No easement of Bookings – Paytm provides them a platform for flight bookings, Train bookings, Bus bookings, Movie ticket bookings, hotel bookings at home with deals, and offers so if you delete Paytm account you are surely going miss out.
- The idea of going cashless is rejected – If you delete your Paytm account you will have to carry cash with you all the time. The issue of change will arise and also some times money gets stolen.
HOW TO DELETE PAYTM ACCOUNT? – Why is the process of deleting the Paytm account so complex?
Paytm is one of the safest apps that tries its level best to keep personal information and details safe. When there is a demand or a request of closing the account, the company makes sure that the person who Is desiring to delete Paytm account is the same person who is handling the account and not someone else who is trying to misuse it.
This is why they make sure that the person is the real owner so the method is complex and requires defined steps to be followed to delete Paytm account. The company sends you a message in text format and then calls you to ask you the reason behind deleting the account and to make sure it was you who wanted to delete Paytm account.
The Paytm app has proper navigation that takes you to a menu that has detailed steps that are required to be followed which you will find in 24 *7box. This is why the process of Deleting Paytm Account is so complex and elaborated.
The other reason for its complexity is that the company Paytm does not wants its users to delete the account as it will reduce its popularity among the people which will be a drawback for companies like Paytm.
HOW TO DELETE PAYTM ACCOUNT?: FAQ – Frequently asked questions –
How long it takes to delete Paytm account after filling in all the details?
It totally depends on the company , some times it takes 2 days and some times it takes 1 – 2 weeks.
Can I delete Paytm account by contacting the costumer care?
Calling customer care is just one of the steps of deleting the Paytm account. There are more steps that have to be followed which is already discussed above.
How to transfer the money that I have in my Paytm account before deleting the account?
In the process of deleting the Paytm account, you will get an option to transfer all your Paytm balance to any of your bank accounts. You will have to mention all your back details like Bank account number, Bank IFSC Code, Account holder name, and Branch name. After submitting all your details the Paytm team will transfer all the remaining balance to the given bank account.
Can I create a new account from the same number that I deleted from the Paytm account?
No, You cannot open a new account from the previous number that you have already deleted.
Winding up –
Paytm is an authentic Indian App that allows folks of the country to evolve and learn new methods of payment that save time and is handy. People decide to delete Paytm account on many grounds that are already discussed earlier. The procedure of deleting the Paytm app is overly tangled and confusing but the article must have helped you to get through the process of deleting the Paytm account.