EASY TO COOK RICE RECIPES FOR BACHELORS
If you are a bachelor or a student living away from parents, you are aware of how much important mom’s food is for survival. If you don’t have any knowledge about how to cook delicious rice recipes, worry not, I have brought you some easy to make mouth-watering rice recipes.
COOK RICE RECIPES FOR BACHELORS – Pulao
If you are tired and don’t need any heavy or fancy food, pulao with a side dish or curd and papad is a hit on the meal for you.
COOK RICE RECIPES FOR BACHELORS – Ingredients: MAIN
- 1.5 cup of chopped vegetables of your choice
- 1.5 cups rice soaked in water for 30 minutes(basmati rice is preferred)
- 1 chopped tomato
- A paste of 0.5-inch ginger, 2 garlic cloves, and 1 green chilli
- 1 onion preferably large, sliced thinly
- 3 cups of water or vegetable stock
- 6 drops of lemon juice
- 2.5 tablespoon oil or 2 tablespoons ghee
- Salt as required
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds -jeera
- 1-inch cinnamon- dal chinni
- 2 strands of mace -jaitri
- 5 whole black pepper
- 2 cloves – laung
- 1-star anise
- 3 green cardamon – hari elaichi
- 1 bay leaf – tej patta
COOK RICE RECIPES FOR BACHELORS – HOW TO COOK
- Soak the rice in water for about 30 minutes till all the starch is extracted from it.
- Fry all the spices in oil or ghee in a deep pan until the oil is fragrant. Add sliced onion and stir them till they have a golden brown color.
- Add ginger-garlic-paste to the oil and stir it for 10-12 seconds. Add chopped tomato and cook in low flame for 2 minutes. Add chopped vegetables and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the drained rice to the pan and add lemon juice and salt as required.
- Cover the pan tightly to let the rice cook. Check it a few times, whether it is cooked or not. It is advised to do in a low flame. Do this, till the water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
Serve it hot with side dish of curd and papad to have a good kick-start of your day.
COOK RICE RECIPES FOR BACHELORS – Fried rice
If you want to have a different flavor, we brought to you the famous Indo-Chinese fried rice which is rich in taste and easy to cook.
- 1 cup rice(preferably basmati rice)
- 5 cups of water.
- 2 cups chopped vegetables(capsicum, carrot, mushroom and bell peppers.)
- 1/4th cup chopped spring onions
- 2 drops of oil
- 2.5 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 3/4th teaspoon of chopped garlic.
- 0.5-inch ginger. (if you want to)
- 3 teaspoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 0.5 teaspoon black pepper powder.
- Salt as required
- 1-star anise
- Greens of spring onions(chopped) for garnishing
HOW TO COOK
Here, first we are going to cook the rice by following steps :
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- In a rice pot, add 5 cups of water, salt and 3 drops of oil. Let it boil gently.
- Add the soaked rice in it and cook it in medium flame without covering it.
- After the rice becomes cooked, drain the rice and rinse it with water to stop the grains from sticking with each other.
Now to cook the fried rice:
- Heat the oil in a pan and add star anise to it. Cook it till the oil is fragrant.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook it for few seconds. If you want to add ginger, you can add it in this step
- Add the chopped spring onions and cook them for 2 minutes
- Add the chopped vegetables in the pan and stir them continuously to get them uniformly cooked.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir the pan continuously and add rice. Stir the rice till it gets coated with the sauce.
Serve it hot with a Chinese side dish to get a better taste.
COOK RICE RECIPES FOR BACHELORS – Curd Rice
In this hot weather, if you have left out rice and you want to have a light and cool food to fill your stomach, them curd rice is the best recipe for you.
- 1/2 cup pressure cooked rice
- 1 cup fresh curd
- 1 chopped chilli(green)
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger and 1 teaspoon chopped curry leaves
- 1/4th cup milk
- Chopped coriander leaves(approx 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon oil of sesame
- Mustard seeds(1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/8th teaspoon of hing
HOW TO COOK
- First, if the rice is in the refrigerator, bring its temperature to room temperature and add fresh curd.
- If there are any lumps, break it with a spoon or a masher to make the rice uniform. Add milk and mix again.
- Add chopped ginger and curry leaves to the rice.
- Add salt as required and mix them well.
FOR TADKA ( TEMPERING OF CURD)
- Heat the tadka pan(or any small pan) and add sesame oil to it.
- Add mustard seeds to it. Let them crackle. Then, add hing in the pan.
- Remove it from fire and add it to the curd rice. Mix it well. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Your curd rice is ready to eat and tastes best alone or with a pickle.
COOK RICE RECIPES FOR BACHELORS – Lemon Rice
If you need a fast and easy rice dish, then this south Indian dish will work best for you.
- 1 cup pressure cooked rice
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4th cup groundnuts
- 2 tablespoons Sesame or refined oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2-3 chopped green chilies
- 2 whole red chilies
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon of urad and chana dal
- 1/4th teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4th cup grated coconut
- Coriander leaves(for garnishing)
- Salt to taste
HOW TO COOK
- Take oil in a pan and then fry groundnut seeds. Keep them aside.
- Take mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and whole red chilli and hing in the pan and heat them till they crackle.
- Add Urad dal and chana dal to it.
- Cook them till the dal turns golden brown. Then add chopped green chilli and a pinch oh turmeric powder to it.
- Cook for few seconds, then add the cooked rice to the pan.
- Add salt to taste and add the groundnut seeds and mix it with the rice well.
- Put 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and mix it well.
- Lastly, garnish it with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
Serve it hot with curd, coconut chutney, and roasted papad to make your day.