We all know that pressure cookers not only reduces the time of cooking but also offers many other benefits when compared to other cooking utensils. So here I have a list of ten best pressure cookers in India. All the plus and minus points about the cooker are listed along with it. Further, a link is provided for all the cookers if you wish to check the price and availability on Amazon.
The pressure cooker is a handy kitchen based application. As the cooker is provided with a lid, the food is separated from the environment. This ensures that food is not oxidized.
Further, the pressure cooker requires less water for cooking and all the nutrients and vitamins of the food are retained.
BRANDS OF BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA:
- Every pressure cooker of brand Hawkins has an inner lid fitting to ensure the safety of the user.
- In order to open the cooker, you need to slightly lower the lid of the cooker. But you will be able to do this only if the pressure inside the cooker falls to a certain safer level.
- The Hawkins brand offers twelve types of pressure cookers with 85 models. Here in the list, you will find the best 3 pressure cookers offered by Hawkins.
- You will find a variety of pressure cookers offered by the pigeon brand ranging that of stainless steel, aluminum, and anodized cookers.
- Pigeon is a Korean company established in 1978 that manufactures household appliances.
- Unlike Hawkins, you will find both inner lid and outer lid models of the pressure cooker.
- The butterfly is a pioneer in stainless steel cookers
- The brand offers quality, functionality, and stylish based products.
- The company exports its products to countries including the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Japan, and of course India.
- The Company was first to acquire ISO 9002 certification.
- Prestige is an Indian company that offers a wide array of kitchen appliances and cookware.
- But the company is best known for its pressure cookers.
- The company was established in 1955 and then never looked back.
So after looking at top brands offering the best pressure cookers in India now let us have a look at some of them.
BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA: STAINLESS STEEL PRESSURE COOKER
- Available in various sizes ranging from 2 to 10 liters
- Hawkins stainless steel pressure cooker can be used on both gas and induction
- The cooker has a flat base that does not bulge out.
- Inner lid present inside the cooker ensures the safety
- The Hawkins stainless steel pressure cooker comes with a five-year warranty.
- Highly durable
- To ensure even heating the base of the cooker is 4.06mm thick.
- Since the cooker is made of stainless steel, it is hygienic. Further stainless does not corrode away.
- The cooker can be used for frying also.
- The cooker is dishwasher safe
- Fuel consumption is more by this pressure cooker due to its stainless steel base.
To check price of 5L Hawkins stainless steel pressure cooker, link is given below:
BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA: HEVIBASE ALUMINIUM INDUCTION MODEL PRESSURE COOKER
As the above-mentioned pressure cooker by Hawkins consumed more fuel, the same is not with the helicase aluminum induction model pressure cooker.
- The base of the cooker has a double thickness so that heat is spread evenly.
- The cooker can be used both on gas and induction.
- Fuel consumption is less due to the presence of a hard-anodized base.
- The lid is fitted inside to ensure the safety of the user.
- It is available in a size of 5litres.
- The cooker is made of aluminum so it can interact with food particles.
To check the price and buy the product, click on the link given below :
BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA: PIGEON BY STOVEKRAFT FAVOURITE OUTER LID NON INDUCTION ALUMINUM PRESSURE COOKER 3L
- Since the cooker measure 3L, it is fit for small families
- Since it is made of high-grade aluminum, the product is quite safe
- The cooker offers four levels of safety
- Fuel consumption by this aluminum pressure cooker is less.
- It is a noninduction cooker. Hence can’t be used on induction.
To check the price and to buy the product online, click on the link given below:
BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA: PIGEON BY STOVEKRAFT DELUXE ALUMINIUM PRESSURE COOKER
- The cooker is made of high-grade aluminum
- The capacity of the cooker is 12 liters
- The cooker is extremely lightweight
- Pigeon by Stovekraft deluxe aluminum pressure cooker Can not be used on induction
- The handle of the cooker is quite comfortable
- The manufacturer provides a fiver year warranty for the mentioned cooker
- Since the cooker is made of aluminum. Aluminum has a property of corrosion.
To buy the pigeon by Stovekraft deluxe aluminum pressure cooker, a link is provided below:
BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA: PIGEON BY STOVEKRAFT, FAVOURITE INDUCTION BASE ALUMINIUM PRESSURE COOKER
- The cooker has a capacity of 3L or 5L suitable for small families
- The cooker is made of high-grade aluminum
- Cooker Can be used both on gas and on induction
- There is an outer lid in the cooker that allows higher capacity
- The handle is quite comfortable for you to carry it.
- The manufacture offers a five-year warranty
- The cooker is lightweight
- The cooker is installed with food-grade rubber gaskets
- The handles of the pressure cooker are safe.
- You may cook vegetables, Dal, rice, meat, and many other dishes.
- There exists even distribution of heat for efficient cooking.
- If you have a supply of hard water in your locality, the cooker may not prove to be highly durable.
To check the price and availability of pigeon by Stovekraft, favourite induction base aluminium pressure cooker, follow the link given below:
BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA: BUTTERFLY STANDARD ALUMINIUM PRESSURE COOKER 7.5L
- The cooker comes with a gasket release system
- The cooker is less time-consuming. Hence you will save a lot of your time and the food will be cooked quite quickly
- The cooker also saves fuel.
- The base of the cooker is quite thick ensuring that the cooker is ready to bear high pressure
- You can use the cooker on induction as well
- The design of the cooker is quite good
- Since the capacity of the cooker is 7.5 liters so if you have a small family, the cooker might be quite big for you.
To buy butterfly standard aluminium pressure cooker 7.5L, at a best price, click on the following link:
BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA: BUTTERFLY CORDIAL ALUMINIUM NON INDUCTION PRESSURE COOKER 3L
- Though the cooker is made of aluminum yet it is safe in the respect that it does not react with food.
- High-quality aluminum is used to make the cooker
- The cooker is quite durable.
- The design of the cooker is quite good
- The handle is comfortable to carry the cooker
- There is high-quality rubber gasket ensuring safety at an extra step
- The locking arrangement of the cooker is also user friendly.
- Since the capacity of the cooker is 3 liters, it is ideal for small families
- The cooker is not compatible with induction. Though you may get a similar cooker that can be used on induction as well.
To check the price and buy the butterfly cordial aluminium non induction pressure cooker 3L, follow the link given below:
BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA: HAWKINS CONTURA HARD ANODIZED PRESSURE COOKER
- The cooker is quite comfortable and durable
- The lid of the cooker is made of stainless steel and the body of the cooker is anodized. This ensures that the food inside the cooker doesn’t react with the cooker’s material.
- The base of the cooker is 3.5mm thick.
- The capacity of the cooker is 3 liters. Hence, ideal for small families
- There is an inside lid fitted which ensures your safety. This ensures that you don’t get to open the cooker until the pressure inside the cooker is reduced to some extent.
- The cooker has a flat base. This ensures that the cooker rests on gas stove quite comfortably
- The cooker is not induction compatible.
To check the price and availability of the cooker, click on the link mentioned below:
BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA: PRESTIGE POPULAR ALUMINIUM PRESSURE COOKER
- There are many sizes available for the prestige popular aluminum pressure cooker ranging from 2 to 20 liters
- The handle is quite comfortable for you to have a better grip.
- The cooker is made up of high quality and high-grade aluminum
- There is a gasket release system installed to ensure the safety of the user
- Further, its metallic safety plug takes safety to the next level
- The cooker is lightweight
- The cooker is quite economical
- The durability of the cooker is not as effective
- The cooker is made of aluminum so there are chances of reaction with good particles
- The cooker is not compatible with induction.
To check the price and availability of prestige popular aluminium pressure cooker, check the link given below:
BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA: PRESTIGE DELUXE PLUS MINI INDUCTION BASE HARD ANODIZED PRESSURE HANDIS
- The cooker is compatible with induction
- The capacity of the cooker is 3.3 liters which are quite sufficient for the small families
- The base of the cooker Is thick and heavy. This ensures that food is cooked properly with equal distribution of heat
- The body of cooker is anodized ensuring that the cooker runs for a longer duration of time
- The cooker is quite durable
- The pressure indicator is installed in the cooker to make cooking more easy and comfortable
- Since the body is anodized, food reactions are avoided
- You will find it very easy to clean the cooker.
- The handles of the cooker are quite durable and can withstand the weight
- The cooker has the proper installation of safety valves.
- The shape of the cooker is quite unusual and different from other cookers.
To check the price and availability of prestige deluxe plus mini induction base hard anodized pressure handi, follow the link given below:
SUGGESTION FOR ALL BUYERS:
When you are buying a cooker do check the material it is made up of. The material of the cooker plays an important role in maintaining your health.
- Try to buy a stainless steel pressure cooker as it does not show any food reactions
- Anodized aluminum cookers are also quite safe. But aluminum cookers may have an adverse effect on your body.
Secondly, look at the brand before buying it. The above-mentioned cookers are from reputed brands including Hawkins, Prestige, and Pigeon.
- Branded pressure cookers ensure durability. Though they might cost you a few hundreds of money extra than the local brand, they will definitely run for a longer duration of time.
Thirdly, check for the various sizes available. If you have a small family comprising three to four individuals, you may use a pressure cooker of capacity 3-5 liters. however, if you have a bigger family or maybe a joint family you may buy a cooker of capacity 5-8 liters.
Next, try to avoid pressure cookers with non-stick coating. These pressure cookers don’t last long enough and maybe damaged soon.
Which brand is best to buy a pressure cooker?
Hawkins is a good brand that ensures safety and durability. Further, pressure cookers are made of high-quality material. But try to avoid aluminum pressure cookers. You will find it more economical and durable than prestige.
Which pressure cooker is better:one with an inner lid or one with an outer lid?
Usually you will find smaller sized pressure cookers with an inner lid and bigger sized cookers with an outer lid.
The inner lid containing cookers is safer as it avoids building extra pressure inside the cooker.
Which pressure cookers are more durable?
The pressure cookers that have an anodized body or are made of stainless steel are much more durable as compared to other pressure cookers. They can be used for a longer period of time and are resistant to corrosion.