Best Car Battery in India – Introduction to cars
Best Car Battery in India – The car is said to be one of the best inventions in the world. In today’s world, we cannot imagine life without cars. Before cars existed humans traveled by foot, domesticated animals, chariots, boats, and steam engines. Due to modern technology cars made transportation easier, faster, and more convenient. Cars are the best means of transportation because of the following reasons.
- They make traveling flexible because they are not dependent on time. Unlike ships, airplanes, or planes you don’t have to take a ticket for a specific day or time.
- They can endure all kinds of weather be it sunny, cold, windy, or rainy.
- They can be used to carry both passengers and goods. Families prefer to travel by car because they are more private, safe and comfortable.
- A car is a very good investment. Once you buy a car you own it and you can use it whenever you want. You don’t have to keep spending money on bus, train or airplane tickets.
Best Car Battery in India – Parts of a car
What is a car made out of? A car is composed of many different parts which fulfil different purposes and functions. All of these are woven together to create this outstanding machine. Some important parts of a car are,
- Engine – The car engine is very popularly known as the soul or heart of the car. Basically, an engine converts energy from the heat provided by gas to mechanical energy which gives motion to the wheels.
- Battery – The battery is the part that makes sure that all the electrical components are functioning and working by providing them with electricity.
- Radiator – Its function is to cool the engine when it gets hot.
Some of the other parts are mufflers, alternators, catalytic converters, and brakes. Today we are going to discuss one of the most important parts – the car battery.
A battery is an electrochemical cell that can be charged to provide electrical power. The battery that is used in a car is called an automotive battery. The main purpose of the car battery is to provide electrical energy to the car. It is a rechargeable battery and it stores energy to power the starter and ignition system before the engine starts running. The car battery also acts as a voltage regulator for the electrical system of the car.
Best Car Battery in India – Types of car batteries
Lead-acid battery – These are the regular and common kinds of car batteries. It was the first battery made for commercial use. Lead-acid batteries are common and used a lot because it is cheap on a cost per watt base. Lead-acid batteries can be recharged which is very important for their use in cars.
Lead-acid batteries use positive and negative plates which are submerged in a solution called an electrolyte. The reaction between the electrolyte and plates generate the power required to start the vehicle. The electrical energy in a battery is generated by a reaction between the electrolyte and the active material inside the battery.
- They are very affordable and have a simple manufacturing process.
- They are capable of delivering high electric power and hence they have good reliability.
- Even at low and high temperatures, the battery performs fairly well.
- The electrolyte used in the lead-acid battery does not have flammability.
- The battery is designed in such a way that a very optimum pressure can be maintained safely.
- The majority of the materials used in the composition of this battery can be recycled and reused. Therefore it has a high recovery value.
- These batteries are capable of large scale energy storage.
- It has a long life cycle.
- They have comparatively low energy density. They are also bulky and large and can be low in quality.
- Lead pollution is very dangerous and lead-acid car batteries account for the majority of the pollution. If they are not managed properly, they can harm the environment and cause respiratory disorders in human beings.
- It takes a very long time to be recharged, about 12 – 15 hours.
- It has very less specific energy and a poor weight to energy ratio.
- Can be very heavy and has limits on transportation.
Also read: Car Air Purifiers in India.
Best Car Battery in India – Exide EPIQ Battery
Exide is one of the best battery brands in India. The headquarters of Exide is located in Kolkata and it is a mega-producer and exporter of batteries.
It not only operates in India but also supplies batteries to international countries because of its presence in the manufacturing industry. Exide EPIQ is one of the best lead-acid batteries manufactured by Exide. It is said to be one of their latest and advanced additions.
- Lead-acid batteries are susceptible to corrosion. This battery possesses extra resistance to corrosion because of a long-lasting corrosion resistant PENTA ALLOY which decreases the battery’s susceptibility to corrosion and enhances its resistance.
- It is simple to set up and use. It comes in a readymade condition so that there is no need to waste any time assembling parts.
- Polyethylene is a very good plastic that has a very good chemical resistance, resistance to solvents, and has good fatigue and wears resistance. Exide EPIQ battery has a double-clad polyethylene and glass mat separation. This enables the battery to withstand more and last longer.
- Wet shelf life is the amount of time that a charged battery can remain without being used before it loses its quality of performance. This battery has a long wet shelf life – comes with a 6-month wet life warranty.
- It is said to have a longer life because of a unique paste used for the positive and negative plates.
Best Car Battery in India – Exide Matrix
Exide Matrix is also a very good option for a lead acid battery.
- This battery also comes in a readymade mode. There is no need for any assembling and it is maintenance-free.
- This has a very good wet life period with a 6-month warranty. There is no need to pay any extra charges for about 6 months after manufacture.
- Like the Exide EPIQ, this battery also has a double-clad polyethylene and glass mat separation which helps it to last longer and makes it more reliable.
- The battery has good resistance to spillage due to the specially manufactured Omega type cover design.
Best Car Battery in India – Amaron Quanta
Amaron also lives up to the claim of being one of the best automobile battery brands in India. It comes a close second to Exide and has established its name in the market for its lead acid car batteries. Amaron delivers products of good and international quality.
Its main manufacturing facility is located in Andhra Pradesh. Amaron provides one of the longest warranty periods of about 18 – 24 months. Amaron Quanta is one of the classic and best lead-acid batteries by Amaron.
- This battery does not require any maintenance and has great delivering power.
- It has an acceptable energy density level and is both rechargeable and recyclable.
- It provides a heavily armed calcium-alloy grid that has excellent resistance properties and service life in cyclic applications. It is also equipped with a spill-proof construction that allows safe operations.
- One amazing feature is its excellent glass mat technology.
Best Car Battery in India – Amaron FLO
Amaron FLO is one of the most popular batteries manufactured by Amaron. It is a lead acid battery which is suitable for many types of cars.
- This is a maintenance-free battery. There is no need for any hassle in assembling this battery.
- It is less susceptible and vulnerable to corrosion due to premium silver alloys known as Silver X. Therefore it endures special and long-lasting protection against corrosion.
- This battery helps to withstand all kinds of weather conditions due to very good durability.
- One of the amazing features is its high cranking power. Therefore there will be no difficulties in starting the vehicle even in rough weather conditions.
- It has high heat tolerance which helps the battery to perform excellently. It also has a high vibration tolerance.
Lithium-ion car battery – Lithium-ion batteries are also emerging as a popular choice in the car battery world. They are different from normal lithium batteries. Normal lithium batteries are not rechargeable whereas lithium-ion batteries are rechargeable.
They have good power efficiency and are able to retain charge for a longer period of time. They also have a good energy density, voltage capacity, and a comparatively lower self-discharge rate.
- Lithium-ion batteries need very little maintenance. They do not need to be watered like most lead-acid batteries. There is less operational maintenance and less engine maintenance.
- They are very environmentally friendly. They are significantly better than fossil fuels. There is also a reduction in carbon emissions which is really good for the long-term sustainability of the environment.
- They get charged very easily. The charging takes place very fast.
- Lithium batteries are a very good investment since they have a very good life span.
- Lithium-ion batteries are very lightweight.
- Lithium-ion batteries need extra protection for proper voltage and current maintenance. Otherwise, the flow of current and voltage will be affected.
- They are comparatively more expensive to manufacture.
- Needs to be stored in specific temperature conditions otherwise, they may be susceptible to aging.
- They have restrictions on transportation. They cannot be very easily transported since they are subject to certain restrictions.
- They are susceptible to overheating caused by overcharging. This can lead to degradation.
Best Car Battery in India – Okaya Lithium battery
This lithium ion battery is manufactured by Loom Solar. This battery is mostly used in electric cars.
- It has very fast charging. This battery gets fully charged in 2 – 4 hours.
- It is a maintenance-free battery. There is no hassle in maintaining or assembling it.
- It is very lightweight and thus easy to carry and handle. It weighs about 2 and a half kilos.
- This battery has a very long life.
Best Car Battery in India – Best picks Amaron and Exide
Amaron and Exide are the leading car battery manufacturers in India. They are the top two car battery brands in India because of the following reasons,
- Amaron offers an excellent range of batteries. They are available in 5 different models and are built with the latest technology for high performance. Exide also offers batteries built to withstand the ruggedness of Indian roads. It also comes in several models like Exide EPIQ, Exide EEZY, Exide Matrix, Exide Gold, etc.
- Amaron batteries are built to withstand high and extreme temperature conditions. They are also able to withstand high-pressure conditions. They also provide long warranty periods lasting up to 72months. Exide car batteries are also specially built with high resistance and durability. They offer the best lead-acid batteries and provide warranties for up to 48 months.
If you are looking for good car battery brands I highly recommend that you pick between these two. They also are known for their amazing customer service and will clear up any questions you have about car batteries.
Best Car Battery in India – FAQ’s
Which is the best car battery brand in India?
Exide and Amaron are the best car battery brands in India. Currently Exide stands in the first position and Amaron stands second. Both are equally good but it is said that Amaron car batteries have longer warranty periods.
How do I know which model of car battery is suitable for my car?
The websites of Exide and Amaron provide clear detailed information on which battery model would be the best for your car. On the Amaron website, you can select the model of your car and they will automatically give the model which is best suited for your car.