What is glycerin?
Before knowing about the benefits of glycerin for healthier skin you should know about what is glycerin? Glycerin is an organic compound found in a wide variety of beauty products. It is also known as glycerol in common. Glycerin is an organic compound consisting of oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen.
Glycerin may sound like a chemical, but manufacturers extract glycerin from animal fat as well as vegetable fat. It is a thick, odorless and colorless liquid. Some more properties are it is water-soluble, non-toxic and slightly sweet to taste. The result of using glycerin is magical when it comes to beauty and skincare. While Glycerin is used in many skincare products, you can also buy Glycerin in its pure and natural form. Here we discuss the benefits of glycerin for skin and also see how to use glycerin DIY remedies for skincare.
Astonishing benefits of glycerin for skin to look healthier
1. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin as a toner:
You can use glycerin as a great toner for its oxygen and hydrogen properties. It reduces the appearance of large and unwanted pores. glycerin sweeps impurities away from your skin and brings your skin back to its natural pH state. It helps your skin absorb your skincare products completely. especially for oily and sticky skin, It works as the best toner.
2. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin for moisturizing skin, removes dryness:
Glycerin is an excellent moisturizer for the skin. It attracts and prevents from evaporating moisture in the upper layers of your skin. It is extremely helpful for those with dry skin. Using it regularly on your skin will keep it hydrated and fresh. If you have dry and patchy skin, then use glycerin regularly and say goodbye to dryness.
3. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin as an anti-aging product
Glycerin is a key ingredient of anti-aging products. Now that can make anyone excited about a product! The scarcity of moisture affects the protease activity in your skin. It leads to skin peeling and accelerates skin aging. As glycerin draws moisture to the skin’s surface, it fills in the skin for a smooth, soft feel and appearance. And this property slows down the aging process, keeping your skin wrinkle-free.
4. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin as a cleanser- anti-acne treatment
Glycerin doesn’t let oil to surface the skin or clog pores, making it an excellent cleanser for people. Individuals with any skin type can use glycerin to wash away dirt and grease without drying out their skin. You can use glycerin for all the problems such as pimples, acne, and blackheads. Especially it is super effective for acne-prone skin.
5. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin for healing skin
Where the skin is dry, cracked, and damaged glycerin can come to the rescue by increasing skin hydration. It helps to soothe skin, reduce itchiness, irritation, inflammation, redness, and it is absolutely safe to most of the skin. Glycerin has antimicrobial effects.
6. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin as a sunscreen- prevents photo-aging:
Sunscreen helps guard the skin against damaging UV rays. Glycerin can be found in some sunscreens as a natural moisturizer and to help make the sunscreen more spreadable. Regular use of it also improves uneven skin tone caused by sun exposure. Study shows that using glycerin regularly enhances skin elasticity levels.
7. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin For sensitive and baby’s skin:
Glycerin gently cleans and moisturizes the skin without causing irritation. Individuals with sensitive skin want to remove dirt and oil when cleaning their skin. While they also want to make sure they’re gentle with the skin. Glycerin is perfect for individuals with dry skin, as well. It’s important for all skin types to treat their skin gently and prevent irritation. It is absolutely safe to use glycerin for skin, which is one of the reasons why it is also one of the ingredients in baby products.
8. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin as dead skin cells remover
Glycerin breaks down the proteins in dead skin cells and removes them from our skin. Glycerin also promotes skin cell maturation and rejuvenates the skin. Your skin sheds numerous cells and produces younger cells to replace them. The top layer of your skin contains the mature cells that produce lipids that form a protective barrier on your skin. Glycerin helps the young cells mature and move up to the surface before they are shed. Interrupt in this process makes your skin look dry and dull. This helps in the generation of new skin cells, giving you clear and healthy skin.
9. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin as Wound Healer and Anti-fungal
Glycerin contains anti-fungal, anti bactericidal and antiviral effects, facilitating for fast wound healing. A study shows that the application of glycerin on wounds effectively reduced inflammation. You can use Glycerin for healing skin problems like eczema and psoriasis for its strong moisturizing properties. Moreover, glycerin-based products were also found to be antimicrobial.
10. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin for brighter and smoother skin
Face masks contain glycerin to brighten and moisturize the skin. You can use glycerin as a face mask for immediate age-defying results and fast hydration. Glycerin contains the amazing property of filling in lines and microscopic cracks of your skin. thus it gives you smoother and brighter looking skin.
11. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin as Make-Up Remover
You already know that glycerin is a great skin cleanser. For this property, you may also use it for removing makeup from your skin.
12. BENEFITS OF GLYCERIN FOR HEALTHIER SKIN – Glycerin for healing cracked heal
Massaging glycerin on a regular basis on your heels gives you relief from painful cracked heels. It is possible because of glycerin’s crack fill in and moisturizing property.
Here are some ways how to use glycerin as DIY home remedies for healthy looking young skin
After discussing the benefits of glycerin for healthier skin as a cleanser let’s see how to use glycerin cleanser DIY.
- Take 3 teaspoons of milk and 1 teaspoon of glycerin into a bowl, and mix them very well.
- Apply this solution all over your face and go to sleep.
- Wash it off the next morning with regular water taking care it doesn’t get into your eyes. Yes, it may sting a little bit, but you can bear it for the after the result of fresh healthy skin.
- You can store the solution in the refrigerator for a maximum 2 days or can make it fresh every night you use.
We already know the benefits of glycerin for healthier skin as a toner, now let’s see how to use glycerin toner DIY.
- Make a solution Taking one-fourth cup of glycerin and half a cup of rose water, mix it well.
- Store the glycerin and rose water mixture in a spray bottle.
- Wash your face thoroughly then soak water from the face with a towel and spritz the solution on it.
We know the benefits of glycerin for healthier skin as a toner, now let’s see how to use glycerin toner DIY.
- Take one egg white in a bowl and beat it to make it frothy.
- Add 1 teaspoon of corn-starch, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1tsp glycerin to it and mix all the ingredients well.
- Apply this mask on your face and let it dry.
- Wash it off with normal water after 20-25 minutes. Using it regularly will give you better results.
For fairer skin
After knowing the benefits of glycerin for healthier skin as a product for lighter skin, now let’s see how to use glycerin DIY.
- Take a ripe banana in a bowl and mash it.
- Add one tablespoon of glycerin to it.
- Mix both ingredients well for a smooth mask.
- Apply the paste all over your face and neck, avoiding lips and eye circles. You can use it on your hands, legs and back as well.
- Wash it off after 10-15 minutes with cold water for a glowing, fairer looking skin.
Every exposure to the sun, adds on unattractive tan built up. But don’t worry you can counter that tan by using glycerin and other natural ingredients. Removing tan is a benefit of glycerin.
- Take 3 tablespoons of glycerin and add in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of rosewater in it.
- Massage the mixture on your face neck and other exposed skin gently. Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water. Do this once a week for a tan free flawless complexion. While Lemon is a natural bleaching agent, rosewater contains astringent properties that tighten your pores.
After knowing the benefits of glycerin as an acne remover, now let’s see how to use glycerin acne removing DIY.
- Take 1 tablespoon glycerin, tablespoon Fuller’s Earth, one pinch of camphor and one tablespoon witch-hazel in a bowl. Mix them very well to make a paste.
- Apply the mixture on the acne affected area. Leave on till it dry and wash off with regular water.
We already know the benefits of glycerin as a moisturizer for skin, now let’s see how to use glycerin DIY.
- Take 3 tablespoons of glycerin In a bowl. Add two tablespoons of fresh lime juice to it.
- Mix this very well and transfer the mixture to a bottle.
- massage this gently on your face and hands every night before going to sleep.
- Allow it to soak in your skin before going to your bed.
We know the benefits of glycerin as a makeup remover, now let’s see how to use glycerin makeup remover DIY. Since glycerin is a good skin cleanser, you can use it as a make-up remover as well.
- Take 2 tablespoons of glycerin, half a lemon fresh juice and 2tsp of milk in a bowl.
- Now, wipe your face makeup with this mixture with the help of a cotton ball. Wash off your face with normal water before going to comfy to your bed.
Cracked Heel Healer
We already know the benefits of glycerin as a healer for the cracked heel. Now let’s see how to use glycerin for healing cracked heels DIY.
- First Clean your feet thoroughly with normal water, then scrub your heel well after soaking the water with a towel.
- Now take some drops of glycerin on your palm and directly massage on your heels. Do this process every day for better results. You can also mix Luke’s sesame seed oil with glycerin and massage it on the affected area.
- Take a tablespoon of Fuller’s earth or multani mitti in a bowl. Add four tablespoons of coarsely ground almond powder and two teaspoons of glycerin to it.
- Mix all ingredients together, apply a thin layer on the blackhead affected region and let it dry.
- Wash it off with normal water and see how the blackheads disappear.
Rashes And Inflammation treatment
- Take one teaspoon of beeswax, half a cup of shea butter, and one-fourth cup of coconut oil. Mix them very well. Even melt them if you want.
- once the mixture is cold add two tablespoons of glycerin and mix them thoroughly.
- Take the mixture in a blender and beat it until it turns creamy.
- Store in a container and apply it to the rash.
Precautions Before Using Glycerin
Although Glycerin is a wonderful product for skin still you have to follow precautions to avoid side effects. Here are some Dos & Don’ts Of Using Glycerin For Healthier Skin.
- Even though Glycerin is a non-toxic product, do a patch test before using it on skin.
- Do always mix glycerin with any other ingredients before applying it on the skin. If you need to use only glycerin, always dilute it with rose water or distilled water.
- Make sure you wash your face properly after applying glycerin since it might attract dust and pollution for its sticky nature.
- Do use a small amount of glycerin on the skin.
- Never use Glycerin on your skin without testing its suitability.
- Don’t apply glycerin alone on skin
- Never leave glycerin applied on the skin for a long time.
- Don’t use it in large quantities i.e. more than required.
- Don’t mix glycerin with any sticky creams or lotions and as it might feel heavier on your skin.
Glycerin is a wonderful ingredient for almost all types of skin when it is used with proper caution. Also, it is readily available at online stores. So get it today, try the DIY recipes for your skin, and I am sure that the results will make you happy.